Finance Director | Care and Housing | PE Backed
Compass Executives have been exclusively mandated to source a hands on, commercially astute and charismatic Finance Director for a rapidly growing and highly acquisitive, social housing organisation.
Our client are in the process of undertaking significant growth following a investor funding which will allow the organisation to treble in size over the next 3 – 4 years, becoming a leading provider of housing across the UK. In addition to ongoing M&A strategy, our client aim to create long standing partnerships with social housing and care providers in their pursuit of creating a best-in class social housing group.
- Reporting directly into the Board and managing a small finance team, you will be tasked with the financial leadership and financial ownership of the organisation.
- Full ownership for ensuring high quality and effective financial and management reporting, up-skilling of the finance team, introducing effective policies and processes to improve efficiencies and performance across the finance function.
- Extensive stakeholder management, which will include working closely with the COO, Board and Investors. The role will be the key point of contact for the relationship with the Investors and potential acquisition targets.
- In addition, you will provide input into strategic and commercial developments of the organisation and create a robust structure capable of adapting to on-going growth.
- Assessing and analysing options for improving business performance and outputs by working closely with front line staff to understand the challenges they face.
Skills / Experience
You will be comfortable operating in fast moving and rapidly growing environment and have the ability to be hands on but retain the capability to step back and see / understand the bigger picture.
- Qualified accountant – ACA / ACCA / CIMA
- Demonstrable experience of working in a small, but fast growing business
- Excellent technical finance skillset
- Ability to be ‘hands on’
- Strong business partnering skillset. It would be beneficial if this experience also includes relationships with external stakeholders, such as banks and PE funds
- Excellent team management skillset, with prior experience of building / shaping a finance team and function
- Prior exposure to a healthcare or social housing environment would be beneficial but is by no means essential
Kieran is a Senior Associate within the Finance & IT Practice at Compass Executives. With a background in delivering senior Finance professionals within the Private Equity backed and Privately Owned industries, Kieran has completed a number of impressive CFO and FD appointments in recent months.
Apply for this assignment
To view the latest Private Sector senior executive opportunities Compass Executives are able to advertise, follow the link below.