Executive Director – Operations | Housing Association | Charity
Compass Executives are delighted to be exclusively partnering an award winning G15 Housing Association with their search for an Executive Director to lead their Operations Directorate. The incoming individual will hold responsibility for all front-line services from strategy to delivery, ensuring that customers enjoy high quality housing supported by excellent service and that external validation and scrutiny meets the required statutory and regulatory standards.
Our client is a residential property group in London and Southern England. They provide affordable, private and social rented homes, student, NHS and temporary accommodation, as well as supported housing and homes for older people. Their vision is simple – to improve people’s lives through high-quality homes and services.
The overarching remit of the Executive Director – Operations is to;
- Identify, evaluate and contribute to opportunities for business development and growth in accordance with the Group‘s business plan and strategic goals
- Provide direction and leadership to all operational areas to ensure effective strategies and targets are in place in order to meet the Group’s business goals
- Develop the capabilities and capacity to respond to changes in the external environment and internal priorities ensuring effective succession, workforce and people plans are in place.
- Ensure that the necessary policies and procedures are in place and are properly developed, implemented and controlled to achieve standards of delivery in all operational areas offering the best value to our customers
- Oversee the management of budgets and cash flows including debts/arrears to ensure the Group’s financial targets are met
- Represent the Group at the highest level, creating a consistent and positive image. Build relationships with partners and other agencies with a view to addressing local housing and social issues
The role holds responsibility for 5 direct reports (Directors of; Customer Experience, Care & Support, Housing Services, Property Services and Residential Services) and c.680 indirect reports.
Key internal contacts will be; Board & Committee Members, Executive Management Team, Operational Directors
- Substantial Management & Leadership Experience at Director/Executive Director Level. A proven and highly successful track record leading others is essential
- Extensive experience within housing and property portfolio management
- Strategy Development & Execution. Experience creating and delivering companywide strategy
- Leadership of Health, Safety & Compliance requirements within the Housing Arena highly advantageous
- Accountability for significant budgets
- Executive level stakeholder relationship management
- External engagement. Experience acting as an organisation spokesperson at local and national level highly beneficial. The postholder will play a key role promoting the organisation in the sector (public bodies, statutory groups, public bodies etc…)
- A background within social housing specifically would be advantageous but is not essential
Skills, Characteristics and Behaviours
- Inspirational yet approachable and authentic
- Future focused & innovative
- Highly effective communication & leadership skills
- Great empathy for both colleagues and customers
- Commercially minded and results driven
- Positive, professional and willing
- Committed to achieving great outcomes
Our client holds places great importance behind their diversity and inclusion agenda. We therefore welcome applications from all sectors and backgrounds provided they can meet the requirements of the role.
To express interest in this unique position, please email your CV to Rachel Carrick at Compass Executives (firstname.lastname@example.org). A comprehensive information pack will be shared with candidates. This will provide a robust insight into the organisation, values, strategy and role requirements.
Closing date for applications: Friday 28th August 2020
Ben is a Director at Compass Executives, with a versatile background which covers Board-level placements across a multitude of sectors including Veterinary, Elderly Care, Supported Living, Mental Health and Private Acute markets. He has quickly established himself as one of the most reputable executive search consultants in the industry evidenced by candidate and client feedback.
Apply for this assignment
To view the latest Not For Profit senior executive opportunities Compass Executives are able to advertise, follow the link below.