Eight finalist teams presented ideas with the potential to make a significant impact to the social care sector at the Department of Health and Social Care.
Executive Director | Elderly Care | Charity
Compass Executives are delighted to be partnered with a UK charitable foundation which enhances the quality of life of older people, to appoint an entrepreneurial and effective Executive Director. You will provide strong leadership, with ambition, inspirational and visionary drive to take the charity to the next stage of its development.
The post of Executive Director is the Chief Executive leadership role, holding primary responsibility for implementing the charity’s vision and strategy, managing its day-to-day operations and resources.
Our client is looking for someone whose passion can match the skills necessary to deliver on the its ambition, who can advocate for its mission and deliver impact. You will play a crucial role in leading the charity to achieve its goals.
- Responsible to the Board for setting the strategic direction of the charity
- Building on a solid financial foundation by developing new funding sources, both with individuals and organisations, inspired by its mission.
- You will be expected to build lasting business relationships with a broad range of partner organisations and seek opportunities to expand the organisation’s work.
- Oversee all operational activities and report to the board against key performance indicators
- You’ll be a public face and spokesperson for the organisation, responsible for strengthening its profile
Skills & Experience:
- Substantive management experience at a senior level or of leading a small charity, you will have experience of implementing organisational strategy, overseeing key functions and reporting regularly to boards and committees.
- With strong financial management skills, you should be comfortable with charity accounting, setting and managing a budget
- You will be able to demonstrate the ability to successfully raise funds from a variety of sources
- A willingness to spend time on routine administrative work as well as on strategic issues;
For the right candidate, this post will be both challenging and enormously rewarding, with the potential to develop and shape a well-regarded organisation which possess great potential to grow. This position could be ideal for someone looking to step up into their first Director position or for an experienced senior charity professional looking for a broad role with both operational and strategic responsibilities.
Please submit your CV and a cover letter (maximum of 2 pages of A4) to Senior Associate | Not For Profit Sector Practice Abigail Hobden-Bada on firstname.lastname@example.org. Please can you also include the names and contact details of two referees who will only be contacted once your permission has been granted.
Deadline for applications: Friday 23rd August
To view more opportunities Compass Executives are able to advertise, please click here.
For examples of recent Board appointments Compass Executives have completed, please visit our Case Studies page.