Director of Resources | The Catholic Diocese of Westminster | NFP
An exciting and newly created opportunity has arisen for a highly experienced and talented senior executive, who is values-driven and an inspirational leader to use their skillset to make a significant impact in the UK’s leading Diocese, as a Director of Resources.
The Catholic Diocese of Westminster is home to the Archbishop of Westminster, Westminster Cathedral, over 200 parishes and over 200 schools in North London and Hertfordshire. Additionally, the Diocese is a registered charity of significant proportions, with a number of impactful projects and initiatives being driven by the Cardinal and the Curia.
The COO and Trustees of the Diocese are now seeking to appoint a Director of Resources to play a lead strategic role, in the development and management of a professional service to the trustees, parishes, schools, priests, department managers and other social agencies of the Diocese. This also includes significant responsibility for shaping and influencing the Diocese’s large property portfolio and leading on the delivery of key projects across the Diocese.
- To manage all aspects of the Finance, HR, IT, Property and Development operations within the Diocese, ensuring full compliance with charity law, statutory and fiscal reporting.
- Lead the management, development and maintenance of the 700 + sites that the Diocese has responsibility for, including analysis of the current portfolio and opportunities for further growth
- Support the Cardinal, COO, Clergy and Trustees of the Diocese of Westminster in all aspects, including investment management, capital management and the identification of opportunities for income generation
- To drive and steer a number of critical projects across the Diocese, including projects that will have a positive impact on society within the parishes of the Diocese
- Lead the development and implementation of IT systems / solutions to positively impact the parishes and to help the charitable trust achieve its objectives.
- Demonstrable experience of managing sizable property / asset portfolios, including the ability to influence and lead the development of particular projects
- Some form of accountancy qualification would be advantageous but not essential
- Significant team management experience in a multi-site environment
- The ability to work collaboratively in the service of our parishes and schools across the diocese.
- You must be able to balance the provision of strategic financial advice to the trust board with a willingness to be hands on and directly lead on operational matters
- Excellent communication skills
- Hours of work: Monday to Friday and occasional evening and weekend work as required
Compass Executives have been exclusively mandated by the Diocese of Westminster to recruit for the Director of Resources role. All third party applications will be forwarded to Compass Executives.
Please email your application to email@example.com , enclosing a copy of your CV. Alternatively if you would like to have a confidential conversation about this exciting opportunity, please contact Kieran on 07860 355 504.
Closing date: Friday 20th December 2019.
Kieran is a Senior Associate within the Finance & IT Practice at Compass Executives. With a background in delivering senior Finance professionals within the Private Equity backed and Privately Owned industries, Kieran has completed a number of impressive CFO and FD appointments in recent months.
Apply for this assignment
To view the latest Not For Profit senior executive opportunities Compass Executives are able to advertise, follow the link below.