Horizon Care & Education has completed the acquisition of Aurora Care Young People’s Services, a provider of residential children’s homes located in the Northwest of England.
Chief Financial Officer | Luxury Healthcare | Private Equity Backed
Compass Executives have been exclusively mandated to source a hands on and technically strong CFO for a growing, private equity backed luxury healthcare business, based in Greater London.
The business is currently experiencing a period of exciting and rapid growth, with ambitions to continue expanding across the UK via acquisition and organic growth. The organisation has recently received additional funding, which will allow it to pursue these plans.
The senior management team is one of the most highly regarded and experienced within the sector and truly embodies a core set of values which are at the heart of the organisation. These values / ethics form its overall strategy and play an integral part in the day to day operation of the business.
- Reporting directly into the CEO and managing a small finance team, you will be tasked with the financial leadership and financial ownership of the organisation;
- Full ownership for ensuring high quality and effective financial and management reporting, up-skilling of the finance team, introducing effective policies and processes to improve efficiencies and performance across the finance function;
- Extensive stakeholder management, which will include working closely with the MD, COO and Operations team. The role will also be the key point of contact for relationship with the private equity fund;
- In addition, you will provide input into strategic and commercial developments of the organisation and create a robust structure capable of adapting to on-going growth;
- Assessing and analysing options for improving business performance and outputs by working closely with front line staff to understand the challenges they face.
Skills / Experience
You will be comfortable operating in fast moving and rapidly growing environment and have the ability to be hands on but retain the capability to step back and see / understand the bigger picture.
- Qualified accountant
- Demonstrable experience of working in a small, but fast growing business
- Excellent technical finance skillset
- Ability to be ‘hands on’
- Strong business partnering skillset. It would be beneficial if this experience also includes relationships with external stakeholders, such as banks and PE funds
- Excellent team management skillset, with prior experience of building / shaping a finance team and function
- Prior exposure to a healthcare environment would be beneficial but is by no means essential
To view more opportunities Compass Executives are able to advertise, please click here.
For examples of recent Board appointments Compass Executives have completed, please visit our Case Studies page.